Monday, January 2, 2012

Christmas Card Storage

Until a few years ago my least favorite part of the holidays was figuring out what to do with all of the photo cards we received. I always hated throwing them away but at the same time I couldn't imagine all of these loose cards piling up in a box.  So I usually ended up allowing myself to keep a couple of them and then I had to toss the rest.  A few years ago my little sister had a Christmas party and she had a few years worth of cards out on display. She had hole punched the corner of her cards and placed them on a binder ring.  So I went home and I punched mine, but I didn't have a binder ring...my solution ribbon of course.




Well this year I was pulling my cards off my card display and my Yourstory by Provocraft caught my eye.  I looked through my stash and found that I had an 8x8 book..perfect!  So I cut plain white cardstock to 8x8 and then scored one side at 5/8 of an inch using my simply scored by Stampin' Up.  On each page I put one photo and I added a few extra blank pages in the back in the event of straggler.  Next I heated up my YourStory and in went my book.  After a few minutes of cooling my card storage was done!



This was the front and back of our family card. We tried to go for funny this year using a "business" theme. :)


This was a simple and fast project and now I have a photo book to look back on our family and friends.  I hope this helps you with your Christmas photo storage.

This is my last week of vacation so I am trying to get as much time as I can in my craft room.  I hope you all find time this week to do what you love, be it paper crafting, knitting, reading, enjoying your family, etc! Crafting while I can ~Breanne

1 comment:

  1. Great ideas! I'm going to do something with mine this year....as soon as
    I'm done with CHA releases.

    ReplyDelete