Sunday, January 8, 2012

Sunday Blues

It's Sunday January 8th, 2012....that means it is the night before I go back to work :(.  I am sooooooo not ready to go back. I have enjoyed being home with my boys for the past three weeks and one of those weeks my husband was home too!  I do enjoy teaching, but it doesn't even compete with how much I love being home playing with my kids.  Earlier I posted my new year resolutions so you might be wondering if I am keeping up with my goals...week 1 SUCCESS!  I ran 11 miles I drank over 72oz each day and I am organizing my mail station (more on that later).  So far so good. Let's see how week two goes. What I am least looking forward to is that since tomorrow vacation ends, I need to step on the scale and see what damage the holidays did, YIKES!  I may have to add some weight loss goals (let's hope not).

I do have a crafty project to share with you. I first saw this idea on Pinterest, but I unfortunately cannot find the original pin.  So as a disclosure, this is not my original idea, I just wanted to share with you my project and end product.

I purchase a lot of wood plaques of varying sizes from hobby lobby. They ranged from $1.99 to $2.99. They were on sale for 40% off.  My first step was to paint the plaque and then sand the edges to give it a bit of and aged look.



Then I took Mod Podge and painted a layer on and laid my photo on the wet Mod Podge. I let the everything dry for about 15 minutes then I did a layer of Mod Podge over the photo and let that coat dry for 30 minutes then I did a final layer of Mod Podge making sure to change my brush strokes to the opposite direction to create a linen effect.










After everything dried I sanded the back of each plaque to get the excess paper and Mod Podge off.  I used Command picture hanging strips to hang my finished product.  Right now I have 4 photos completed but my goal is to complete 10-12.  This project was a bit time consuming due to drying time, but I think it was totally worth the time. 













I hope this encourages you all to venture into the world of Mod Podge! I am off to enjoy one last bowl of ice cream! 

No comments:

Post a Comment