Friday, June 8, 2012

I'm Back! Yes, I know I thought I could find time for it all. I thought I could find time to be a super mom, wife, teacher, crafter and blogger. Well, I quickly realized that I could not wear so many hats so something had to give, out went blogging and often out went crafting. Now that school is out I have time spare (maybe) so I am crafting again and hopefully blogging. My first craft of the summer is an appointment calendar. I decided that I needed to schedule events and "learning" time for my four year old.  No I do not home school, but I want to work on writing, basic math and do a lot of fun science and art things with him this summer (thank you pinterest for a lot of ideas). I found that in the past few years I have wanted to do the same, but at the end of the summer I really didn't get a lot done with him.  This summer I want to do better, so that is why the calendar is needed.  Plus being a teacher writing things down is natural and over planning is sort of my thing. I went to a few different stores to find a calendar that I liked, but none fit the bill. That lead me to making my own template in excel, playing with the printing margins and finally getting something I liked.  Since my crafting and scrapbooking time has been very limited my Studio Calico supplies have been piling up so I rummaged through my three drawers of paper, stamps, embellishments and letter stickers and put together a cover that I love (if you know me you know my favorite color is yellow). I used my bind it all to finish it off, but I think I need a little more practice with it, I think it will hold for the summer though.
  
 Below are a few pictures of the inside. When I started writing in the calendar I had some issues adjusting to a Sunday-Saturday format. I am used to writing in a Monday-Friday with Saturday and Sunday as notes format.  That is why in some spots I have arrows pointing to the correct days (sorry Brooklynn) and why there are a few scribbles already.  You will see at the bottom I have a space where I will write what I have planned for dinner each night as well as a space for me to write in what exercise I have done that day and my current weight.  I may not weigh myself everyday, but if I do I can keep track of where I am.  Swim season is already here and I am not in the best bikini shape.   I will also be using this calendar as a food journal to keep myself accountable for what I am eating. This calendar is serving multiple purposes all of which will make this summer more fun and rewarding.


Happy Crafting Everyone!
Breanne

No comments:

Post a Comment