Friday, February 8, 2013

Healthy Change Set-up the Technology

Let me start out by saying that I do not have a technological bone in my body and that I have a fear that if I try to set something up on the computer that I am going to download a virus or change my search engine.  Last night my husband had a meeting and I thought I would spend the evening setting up my fitbit and my aria. I went over the directions and it seemed easy enough.  Yet, of course one thing after another did not work.  This was not because it was difficult, it was due to user error.  No worries though, it only took me 40 minutes to get my fitbit working (should have taken 5).  My advice for new users, take a few minutes to charge the fitbit before trying to set it up (my initial problem). Use a USB port that you do not have to access often (second problem) and follow the directions (they are very clear).  Also maybe don't watch an episode of The Bachelor while you are trying to preform this task, it definitely had the majority of my attention. Yet, I was still able to get the job done.
It was still early in the evening so I thought I would give setting up my aria a try.  I paused The Bachelor, there were two episodes this week :), and started setting it up. My first hurdle was that it stated that I did not have Wi-Fi. WHAT?  Come on, we have Wi-Fi, we have had Wi-Fi forever!  Then I remembered we switched to cable Internet and that our desk-top was hard wired. Now I was stuck so I unpaused my show. As I split my attention between my show and problem solving I saw that you could set the aria up using your phone, so I tried and I failed.  Now I was really stuck.  My husband came home shortly after that and of course it was right during the rose ceremony on The Bachelor so he was hushed as I asked him to try to figure it out.  In the end we grabbed a laptop and finished the aria set-up using that.  I don't know why I didn't think of that in the first place, oh I know I was watching drama unfold on my show and yelling at "You picked her?!?" at the screen.   Both my fitbit and my aria are in working order and in fact I used both today.  My experience will be another post!  Have a great day and get healthy with me!

P.S. I did manage to change the setting on my Internet search engine during my setup, but my dear husband fixed it and didn't even say a thing about it.  I just love him to pieces! :)


I have provided a link to the Fitbit if you are interested in seeing what it is all about. 
Fitbit

No comments:

Post a Comment