Monday, February 11, 2013

Week 1


Well, today is the day!  The day I REALLY work to get healthier. I am not going to lie, it is just after lunch and I have been obsessing over food and movement all morning.  I happen to be home from work today, it is Lincoln's birthday and my school district takes the day off. I enjoy having the day off, but being at home all day is testing my will power. I am winning so far.

I knew going into week one of getting healthy, I needed to be prepared, I needed a stocked refrigerator, an eating plan and an exercise plan. So I decided to share with you all what my plan is. 

Breakfast options for the week
Yogurt with homemade granola +fruit
Oatmeal with Fruit
Egg burrito in a multigrain tortilla

Snack ideas
Almonds
Celery and Peanut butter
Fruit
Yogurt and Granola

Lunch Ideas
Minestrone soup (homemade)
Chicken Salad wrap (no mayo)
Quinoa Salad on Avocado

Monday
Dinner- Stuffed Portabella mushrooms (not sure what I am stuffing it with) roasted Broccoli
Exercise-Insanity Day 1- Fit test

Tuesday
Exercise-run 5am 3-4 miles
Dinner-Fried brown Rice (FRIED?!?  1tbls of olive oil for 4 servings)
Exercise Insanity Day 2

Wednesday
Dinner-Stuffed Zucchini and Roasted Cauliflower
Exercise-Insanity Day 3

Thursday Valentine's Day!
Exercise -Run 5am 4 miles
Dinner-Stuffed Pork Chops, Mashed Potatoes, asparagus (I will probably have desert on this night too)
Exercise-Insanity Day 4

Friday-DATE night
Exercise-Insanity Day 5
Dinner-Salad wherever we go out

Saturday
Exercise-Insanity Day 6
Dinner-White Chicken Chili

Sunday-SNOW day with the boys
Exercise-3 mile run (to Starbucks)
Dinner-leftovers

A busy life almost got the best of my preparing for this week.  My oldest son has had a high fever for the last three days and I felt bad leaving the house to grocery shop. But, I was able to sneak out during nap time and stock the fridge.  I almost let having a hectic schedule be my excuse for not changing this week, but it is too important to me to make excuses. I am changing NOW.

I faced the dreaded scale this morning and I knew it was not going to be good. I mean I sort of ate some chocolate,  ice cream and Oreos this weekend. I was just trying to get those foods out of the house and rather toss them I put them to good use ;).  In reality I knew I was starting my getting healthy routine this week so I decided to just eat junk this weekend. Not the best choice, but it is the truth.  Taling about those yummy, not so good for you foods is making me want them...STAY STRONG PHILLIPS STAY STRONG.  It is time to clean up the kids lunch mess so stay tuned for my progress! Have a great week!

 

 
Fruits, Eggs
Maybe a little temtation in the back
(pudding snacks for my son's lunches)
Notice I place the fruit  in front so I can grab them first.



















 A drawer full of veggies. Those that know me, know that I do not like bell peppers, but I am willing to try to use them.











Fruit on the counter for easy access.  My boys eat apples like crazy!  Hopefully I will too.

No comments:

Post a Comment